Closing Date Midday 14th Feb 2020 – Please note this vacancy is now closed to new applicants.
Our general technicians ensure all new and existing internal and external customers are dealt with professionally and their equipment requirements achieved efficiently and accurately. A good level of knowledge and experience of lighting, sound and AV equipment is important as well as a positive attitude and the ability to work in a team. Based at our Unit in Follingsby Park, Gateshead our technicians deal with the day-to-day operations and logistics of our warehouse, work on-site to setup and derig technical equipment and staging, deliver and collect equipment from our customers. Other duties include assisting with installations and occasional operation of lighting, sound and AV equipment.
- Dealing directly with customers & clients, face to face and by telephone.
- Understanding the availability of equipment for hire by using the systems and procedures in place.
- To have a good working knowledge of the Lighting, Sound and AV products we own
- Picking and packing equipment from lists
- Working on site to setup and take down lighting, staging, sound and audio visual equipment.
- Occasional operation of lighting, sound and audio visual equipment
- Checking equipment which has been returned from customers and returning to stores
- Assist with repairs to equipment
- Assist with permanent installations within customer premises
- Ensure that the warehouse remains clean, tidy and a safe working environment.
- Delivery and Collection of Hire Equipment.
- To represent the company in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- Due to the nature of the branch there may also be a need to face customers and complete simple transactions in our shop
- Must have a current UK driving licence
- Previous experience of a similar role or environment
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communicator and professional at all times
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A good level of IT literacy.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent
Desirable (but not essential)
- Counterbalance fork-lift licence
- Category BE on driving licence (towing)
To start ideally March 2020